About the Publication
Ownership Matters is a donation-supported free publication sponsored by Community Cooperative of Washington, DC.
Our tagline says that we are a biweekly newsletter for the founders and funders of the emerging solidarity economy.
That means we’re interested in:
- Profiles of cooperative enterprises, including worker cooperatives, together with other strategies for building wealth that stays in communities.
- Profiles of funders of projects aimed at widening ownership and increasing racial equity.
- Interviews with individuals doing transformative work to create a new social economy.
- Elias Crim, Editor
founder, Solidarity Hall; former business journalist and publishing consultant
- Júlia Martins Rodrigues, Contributing Editor
attorney (Brazil); visiting scholar, law, University of Colorado Boulder; PhD candidate, civil and constitutional law, University of Camerino
- Daniel Fireside, Contributing Editor
founder, Uncommon Capital Solutions; board member, Namaste Solar; capital coordinator, Downtown Crenshaw Rising
- Zoe Crim, Editorial Assistant
B.A., linguistics, Indiana University Bloomington; co-founder Fair Trade group
- Paul Bowman, Design / Content Mgr.
- Felipe Witchger, Publisher